Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting down to it

Before the haircut

I just cut off all of Riley's hair. With a #2. Buzz-cut. He's so brave! He doesn't seem affected at all, hamming it up for us as I was buzzing away.

Me, on the other hand, was a little choked up. I know this is going down on Tuesday, but it's more concrete now. It's a trip looking at the countdown timer and seeing 2 days left on it.

For some people, 11/4 is going to be an important day. For our family, it'll be the most important day of our lives.

(was that melodramatic?)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I don't think it was melodramatic at all! For us, Nov 6, 2007 was one of the most important days in our lives. It was the day my daughter would hopefully, FINALLY get relief from all her pain. Riley is dealing with more symptoms and consequences than Brooke.

The hope we had was nearly overwhelming. The fear had a grip on our hearts as well. We had faith that she would be fine and even much better after the surgery, but it was still nerve wracking.

Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend. Riley has an amazing doctor and will be cared for by a wonderful staff. Our ICU nurse was Gary, and he was so kind and caring, but I'm sure all the nurses there will be just as wonderful! The nurses on the regular floor were wonderful as well. I will be anxious to read about Riley's progress!