Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March

Riley got a massage today.

I guess there is a perk to having brain surgery at 4. You get referrals from your pediatrician to get massages. Not bad!

This little dude has been driving me bonkers lately. As some of you know, work has been difficult lately. When I get home, it's cool to see everyone. Then, after dinner and bath, it's bedtime.

Or so Marci and I think.

Haley usually is a snap. She passes out, and then it's on.

Daddy VS. Riley.

I think Rye does this to push my buttons. Like Office Depot has an EASY button? I have a I AM PISSED button. Riley pushes it by coming out of his room, or saying he has to poop (and then saying his poop is "still sleeping", ie, unavailable), or saying he's thirsty, or wanting a hug and a kiss, etc, etc, etc.

I haven't even seen him but for an hour or so and I'm already envisioning being hauled away in cuffs because I couldn't control myself. So I count backwards from 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... and I'm still irate and I just have to vacate the premises.

Ok, it's not that bad, but I do end up having some Serenity Now! moments.

And to think I only see him about 3 hours a day! Marci is with him MOST OF THE DAY. And to top it off, he's a Mamma's boy! He barely gives me the time of day, until he pushes my IAP button, that is.

But he is the apple of my eye. He is a hoot to be around (when he's not rude and ordering us around) and I can just see how hard he tries at his speech and therapies and things.

His reward is just around the corner, and for this family and our situation, the trip couldn't come at a better time. 7 days of doing nothing but having fun and not worrying about money or work or the economy or anything.

I can't wait.

No comments: